I’ve always enjoyed eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis. However, this year my Fiance and I are trying a new nutrition regimen! We have entered into the plant-based world!
Like I said, I’ve always eaten a nutrient dense diet, but I have found it hard to get in enough vegetables. Eating vegetables doesn’t come naturally, although I wish it would!
There are so many benefits to eating plant-based, it is amazing! Plant-based doesn’t necessarily mean vegetarian or vegan, it just means that the majority of your meals come from fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, tubers, and whole grains while minimizing the intake of meats and dairy products and eliminating refined sugar, high processed foods, and bleached flour.
The benefits of a more plant-based and whole-food diet are endless! Just to name a few:
- Intake of saturated fats are reduced.
- Fiber intake is increased! We all know what fiber is good for, plus diets high in fiber help fight against colon cancer. Whoohoo!
- Eating plant-based will naturally aid in a larger consumption of vitamins and nutrients such as potassium, folate, magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and antioxidants. Potassium aids in better muscle function, lowers your risk of heart problems, maintains fluid balance, and helps reduce stress levels. Folate helps with cell repair, generating red and white blood cells. Just a few benefits from some of the great vitamins and nutrients that will be consumed by eating plant based.
- A common misconception that people have about eating a plant-based or vegetarian diet is lacking an adequate amount of protein. However, most American’s get their protein from unhealthy sources, such as red meat. Beans, soy products, nuts, seeds, and lentils are a great source of protein!
- Disease prevention is a huge plus! Eating a healthy plant-based diet has been shown to prevent a number of diseases including colon cancer, breast cancer, Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and more!
- You will find your energy to be much higher! Along with that, you will find that vitamins, such as A and E, that are being consumed from nuts and vegetables will aid in good skin health!
Sparty loves the idea of all of these benefits!
I have loved this life-style switch and I found that I have more energy and feel better about myself in all aspects!I have found so many yummy recipes that I have enjoyed making and eating!
We’ve only got one body, let’s treat it with respect!